Wednesday, July 9, 2014

One Year Ago, Today.


One year ago today we closed on this house of ours. Closing was the climax of an incredibly stressful summer for me... maybe even the most stressful summer yet. Like... imagine riding a roller coaster, but not being entirely securely strapped in, while trying to juggle, all in a hurricane. Yep, that's a pretty good simile for last summer.

I remember pulling away from the title company- keys to our new house in my cup holder- feeling so relieved and so overwhelmed that I had to putt-putt-putt through the parking lot to collect myself before actually leaving. Then I realized that from the title company, I didn't know how to get to my new house. 

What a summer.

Closing was the climax, indeed, but we still haven't quite gotten off that roller coaster ride. Sure, I'm no longer juggling, the weather is much calmer, and we're on the downhill run, but we're still on that ride. It's been a bit of a bumpy one, too.


This morning I find myself looking back at the distance we've covered since we first started on this ride (getting tired of the roller coaster metaphor yet?), and despite the fact that the end may still be out of sight I'm so glad we're here. No regrets.

I'm so glad we found this place.

I love every step we've taken to make this house our Home.

I love the feeling of growing our family roots in this land, and pushing them deeper and deeper into the sandy soil as each day goes by.

This house felt like an impossible idea such a short time ago, and the celebration in my heart today is in appreciation of finally finding it... of finding Our Home.

Look back at the tribute to our old place last year here.

No comments:

Post a Comment