Monday, December 16, 2013

Right Now



Right now, I'm...

...struggling to maintain a balance between demanding to-do lists and my ultimate desire for simplicity.
...finding myself in a weird moment of, "I can't believe I'm already done with that..." and, "I can't believe I haven't even started that!" Um, and have we really started the last week before Christmas?
...feeling frustrated about a special gift for a special girl that came in the mail, broken. Is there even enough time for it to be returned and a replacement sent? Ugh.
...wondering how many types of cookies I could realistically make- and eat, and give away- in the next few days... 'cause I've been known to go a little overboard... there's just so many good ones!
...enjoying the process of making a few little extra things to top off gifts for friends and family, and the meditative process of putting them together in quiet moments here and there.
...expecting a gradual warm up that's supposed to come this week before the next crazy cold snap (arriving this weekend, just in time for all those travelers!), and planning to spend as much time outside as possible to soak it all in.
...looking around and seeing 10,000 little and big messes, and hoping they can all be managed in one go of it.
...anticipating a few little outings here and there that will serve to pull our heads above the water line of the Yule Tide.
...loving the building excitement in my kiddos who- this year more than any other so far- are actually understanding and anticipating the oncoming holiday festivities.

Right now I am at the grindstone, like so many others, doing what needs to be done to bring on the holidays. I am determined to get it all gathered, made, wrapped, cleaned, packed, and prepped, and at the same time come up for fresh air and keep my eyes open to these fleeting moments.

I can. I will. So can you.

Let's do this!

Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment