Monday, September 2, 2013

Right Now

Right now, it's raining. Holy cow. It has been so long since I've heard the sound of raindrops filtering through tree leaves... it has completely changed the mood of the house this morning.

The kids are running around, playing in spaces that feel special and new because lights have to be on- at 10am- for them to see. The birds outside are singing and moving. The light has a cool grayness that has spread through the windows and into our living spaces, making the house feel calmer.

However, I still have yet to focus on much more than home improvement projects, which means there aren't many pictures of what I'm describing. You'll just have to close your eyes and picture it. Imagine sitting on my couch with me, bare feet planted on new tile, hot mug of coffee in your hands, listening to the melody of rain and birds and footfalls upstairs.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh.

Despite the all-consuming DIY stuff all around me, however, I have been able to pop onto the interwebs and do a little surfing for various purposes, so today what I'd like to share is what I've found incredibly interesting, beautiful, or wish-worthy in my searches.

So, rainy day link love it is. Right now, I'm loving...

...this article further reinforcing my conviction that the addition of a goat (or three) belongs in our 5-year plan.
...the plans for our first little seasonal celebration in our new place, including some new inspiration from cultures around the globe.
...a simple, temporary fix for my clothesline craving.
...putting together a menu of hors d'oeuvres for a grownup birthday get-together this coming weekend.
...all the possibilities for a certain almost-5-year-old's birthday party request.
...this homemade tonic water recipe, which we have all been enjoying as we swelter and work on the house.
...these stunning photos to make up for the lack of my own (not that I take anything close to this beautiful, but still...).

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment